Sunday, February 1, 2009

Introductions

Are you on facebook? I am. I needed another internet addiction like a hole in the head, but my friend Caitlin said she needed more friends, so one thing lead to another and there I was glued to the screen non-stop, hoping someone would friend me, no one would unfriend me, and so forth. Then I got tagged for that '25 Random Things' game - and sort of had a hard time stopping at telling the world only 25 things about myself. That's really not very much if you think about it. So I decided to start my own blog. There isn't going to be much of a focus to this but the two things that come natural to me are recipes or recipe reviews and ranting about everything that's wrong in the world. Although the latter hobby has taken a major hit on January 20th, I have to say. Since when to we read the news and think 'Ah, that's great, wonderful.' ??? All of a sudden I might even be able to become a citizen of this great country! Anyway, I don't want to start a rant right here and right now.
Some more about myself and my life. I am the mother of the two cutest girls in the world. Yeah, I know, don't hate me. Neither my husband (their father) nor I are that cute, I don't know how this happened! We live in a little old house in the Boston suburbs that we have repeatedly remodeled and recently added onto - it's not quite as little anymore I guess. I am sure there will be ample opportunities to tell you all that is wrong with the building industry, contractors and codes. This coming year is supposed to be 'garden year' and my original plan included six chickens. However I never got around to build that coop this past summer so who knows if/when the chix will happen. You'll hear all about it.
I work, currently part time, as an engineer in a small local company in the biomedical field. I love my job! No rants there. I am only telling you so you will not be surprised if there are certain dorky undertones to be found around here.
One more thing you need to know about me while reading. You might find me voicing opinions about a country (the US) where I currently am a tax- and SS-paying guest. I hope that doesn't offend you. I was born and raised in Germany, and patriotism is an emotion that we don't do (anymore). So I will tell you once and for all that I love my adoptive new country very much. Mostly for its people! And its beauty! The possibilities it offers! I am grateful that I get to live here, at least when I am not actively homesick.

No comments:

Post a Comment